Commercial General Liability Claims Checklist
When a liability incident occurs, there are steps you can take to minimize the impact on your time and your business.
If an incident* occurs:
* Incident may include slips and trips, injuries and product damages.
- Record the names of any witnesses and/or other involved parties; include addresses and phone numbers.
- Identify any visible hazards or debris in the area.
- Record the identity of any investigative authorities (i.e.: OSHA).
- In the event of a slip and fall, take note of the shoes or clothing worn by the person who fell.
- Retain any items related to the cause of injury or damage.
- Contact your insurance agent to report any potential claim that may exist.