Personal General Liability Claims Checklist
When a liability incident occurs, there are steps you can take to minimize the impact on your time and your home.
If an incident* occurs:
- Record the names of any witnesses and/or other involved parties; include addresses and phone numbers.
- Identify any visible hazards or debris in the area.
- Record the identity of any investigative authorities.
- In the event of a slip and fall, take note of the shoes or clothing worn by the person who fell.
- Retain any items related to the cause of injury or damage.
- Contact your insurance agent to report any potential claim that may exist.
What you can expect:
* Incident may include slips and trips, injuries and product damages.
- We will strive to contact you within two hours after receiving notice and begin the process of handling your claim.
- We will provide qualified professional claims representatives to explain your coverage, review the claim made against you and assess damages.
- We will settle or defend legal actions against you in accordance with policy terms and conditions.